Monday, February 19, 2007

Lithium

After watching the 9/11 Conspiracy Documentary on the (excellent again) BBC last night, I'm even more convinced than before that the only cover-up is around just how incompetent the US authorities were before, during and after the atrocity.

The programme following it unexpectedly gave some clue as to why people hold these way-out conspiracies.

The Last 48 Hours of Kurt Cobain is a very well put-together documentary starting out in the company of an astonishing Seattle Soccer-Mom who gives tours around the Kurt Cobain related sites in her SUV, all delivered in the manner of a suburban realtor.

Then it alternates between his life story and his progression through a packed last two days on earth.

Then he died, and that's when the story gets really weird. He appears to people in dreams, and crucially no-one can believe the banal truth of his death. The real wackos had probably fried their brains or topped themselves in the intervening 12 years, so in fact this is a comparatively sensible bunch of interviewees.

Fact : Around April 8th 1994 he reached into his SubZero (c) Fridge for a root-beer. Then he walked through to his greenhouse, took enough heroin to numb Michigan and shot himself in the head.

I really can't see there is need to doubt this. Just as I see no need to doubt that Elvis died on the toilet when the strain of passing a stool was too much for his drug-addled body.

To me, Occam's Razor Rules OK. People can die without the CIA and Aliens being involved in some plot.

It's hard to accept that a 27 year-old depressive poet junkie could let the fans down by ending it all. But it's part of being a grown-up to accept that bad things can happen for the simplest reasons.

btw. listen to some Nirvana - they really were quite something in their day, and the lyrics are amazing.

I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
I'm so ugly, but that's okay, 'cause so are you...
We've broken our mirrors
Sunday morning is everyday for all I care...
And I'm not scared
Light my candles in a daze...
'Cause I've found god - yeah, yeah, yeah


I'm so lonely but that's okay I shaved my head...
And I'm not sad
And just maybe I'm to blame for all I've heard...
But I'm not sure
I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet you there...
But I don't care
I'm so horny but that's okay...
My will is good - yeah, yeah, yeah

I like it - I'm not gonna crack
I miss you - I'm not gonna crack
I love you - I'm not gonna crack
I kill you - I'm not gonna crack

No comments: