Thursday, February 21, 2008

60 Second News

I love the way that BBC3 manage to summarise 24 hours in the world's history in a space one fifth the size of a single commercial break on the Dave channel.

In similar vein, here's tonight's 60 second news from Radio Free Stan.

* My Stanetta's alien friend has got her/his/its blogging shoes/gloves on again after six months off - cracks me up.

* The head of MI6 claims that no-one has been killed by his department at least since the 1960s. I want my tax money back ! Have the government never given these people performance targets to meet ?!

* Problem gambler sues the bookmakers. Don't make me puke - if you take a risk and lose, you lose. Take your lumps like a man and stop whingeing. You wouldn't be complaining if you had kept winning.

* Ditto for Northern Rock Shareholders who want compensation for their loss. Shares are a risk - you took a risk - you lost - so you lose. Take your lumps like a man/woman and stop whingeing. You wouldn't be complaining if you had kept winning.

* Leona Naess - her song "Ballerina" is on the "Weeds" soundtrack . How is it possible I've never come across her before? Music that'll rip out your heart and use it as a chew-toy.

No comments: