Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's my lawn mower and my yard, so I can shoot it if I want.

I've had problems with getting petrol mowers to start and I've had some bad days, but I've never reacted like the guy in Wisconsin who took a sawn-off shotgun to his recalcitrant garden appliance. It reminded me of the bit in "Fawlty Towers" where John Cleese laid into his car with a branch because it wouldn't start. Apparently if he were in America, he would simply have shot it.

Mr Angry of Milwaukee is in line for a fine of up to $11,000 and a maximum prison sentence of six-and-a-half years if convicted - I'm guessing the penalty for beating it with a branch would have be much less. Maybe he should try that next time. Or counting to ten. Or not drinking like a loon before heading out into the garden.

I hope if he does do some time for this that someone will at least cut his grass for him while he's away.

No comments: