Monday, November 27, 2006

A failure, that's me, that is

Am I the only person in the history of the universe to have failed to install Ubuntu on my laptop?

I spent Friday evening watching my PC systematically hang during installation. It's not like there are any choices for me to mess up.

Admittedly, it was v 6.10. I am currently downloading the 6.0.6 Dapper Drake (allegedly stable) version. I have a small inkling as to what the problem might have been. Should the energy be available, another attempt will be made this evening.

PS -- Well done Bolton. A better weekend of footie could not have been envisaged, other than Utd beating Chelsea.

PPS -- Stan got battered by Auraucaria on Saturday. I, of course, battered the Telegraph and the Times until they were weeping into their tea.

1 comment:

Stan said...

Stan finally bested Saturday's crossword. Took a little time given that it was an Araucaria.

Among the answers - psalterium, larruping, xray-eyed.

Favourite clue : "The never ending cheese (9)" ... "Mousetrap"