Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Confessions

  1. I don't know what's at Number One in the Charts, and I don't care.
  2. I still don't understand the attraction of Facebook and Twitter. No, don't bother trying to explain.
  3. Until this week I didn't realise the speed limit on a Dual Carriageway was 70mph.
  4. Until this week I thought a Dual Carriageway was just two lanes of traffic both ways. Check out the proper definition here. Tell me I'm not the only confused motorist. Tell me I'm not the only confused Magistrate.
  5. I want Barcelona to win the Champions League. Messi and Eto'o are awesome. Thierry Henry can still play a bit too.
  6. Instead of listening to moody Indie music online, I've been listening to The Carpenters. I don't care what you think : I now have no stress although I still don't quite understand Richard Carpenter's attraction to Wurlitzer organs.
  7. I find this joke funny even though noone else in my world does - Times New Roman goes into a pub. Barman turns to him and says "We don't serve your type in here".
  8. I didn't finish the crossword in The Guardian today. I did learn a new word though - "Asseverate" - it's a flowery way of saying "to state something". I shall use it often at the least excuse.

No comments: