Thursday, July 22, 2010

“The torments of martyrdom are probably most keenly felt by the bystanders.”

The best known Magistrate Blogger, Bystander, has been getting some lip from the Provisional Wing of the Magistrates Association.

I'm referring here to the half dozen or so people who settle scores on the Association's rather creaky and very private members bulletin boards.

In summary, their problem with Bystander is that he says stuff they don't agree with and that he should stop moaning and get behind them and help them achieve their worthy purposes.

Last time I fell foul of this cabal, I was told to stop moaning and to get behind them and help them achieve their worthy purposes.

I'm detecting a pattern - you have to applaud their consistency at least.

I'm not going to write a full-on diatribe. This is mostly because I'm really quite stupid and not much of a writer. Instead I'll rely on a quotation from a properly smart writer, Mark Twain:-

“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.”                                                           

I support the worthy purposes of the lay Magistracy unconditionally and I have put a tenth of my household income and most of my free time on the line for it. The Magistrates Association, however, only gets my support when it deserves it.

Hope that's OK with everyone. 

No comments: